The HydraFacial MD is a rejuvenating, simultaneous cleansing, exfoliating, hydrating and extraction treatment system that results in smoother, luminous and younger looking skin. The HydraFacial MD exfoliates dead skin cells and extracts impurities while simultaneously treating the healthy underlying skin with cleansing, hydrating and moisturising serums. While daily regular skin care is very important your facial skin needs a tune-up regularly. We advise a regular HydraFacial treatment every season to maintain the results of skin care, laser treatments or previous PRP skin rejuvenation treatments. The HydraFacial can also treat acne breakouts in tandem with laser acne spot treatments or can help improve uneven skin tone especially if you have sensitive skin. cosmetic MD has many other treatments that complement HydraFacial MD treatments. We would be pleased to discuss these options with you at any time.
Note that the HydraFacial MDTM can only treat/enhance existing skin conditions. The regular use of sun protection and prescribed skin care will prolong your treatment results and decrease the occurrence of new lesions, recurrent acne and rosacea. cosmetic MD offers a high quality skincare line that can accomplish this goal.
What is the HydraFacial process?
There are 4 steps in the HydraFacial MD experience that will cleanse and rejuvenate your skin while you relax and enjoy the treatment:
Step 1: Vortex-Cleaning
The HydroPeel® tip is used with a specific deep cleansing solution to CLEANSE the surface of your skin removing the initial layer of oil and dirt.
Step 2: HydroPeel Exfoliation
A light chemical peel (combination of glycolic and salicylic acid) is applied to EXFOLIATE debris (dead skin). The chemical peel lowers the pH of the skin breaking the bonds that hold the upper dead layers of skin together to allow for the gentle removal of dead skin without irritation.
Step 3: Vortex-Extraction
Painless vortex suction easily dislodges blackheads, whiteheads and sebum to further EXTRACT these impurities from deep within the pores.
Step 4: Infusion
Antioxidants and hyaluronic acid are infused into the now clean and fresh skin to HYDRATE, nourish and protect the skin.
Who can benefit from a HydraFacial MD?
HydraFacial MD is good for all skin types, for teens, men and women. HydraFacial MD targets many skin conditions:
- Sun damage/hyperpigmentation
- Uneven skin tone
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Dry or dehydrated skin
- Dull complexion
- Oily and acne prone skin
- For maintenance of results from other treatments
- If you have a darker complexion and cannot do other treatments.
Is there any downtime with this procedure and how long do the results last?
There is no downtime. You can make plans for right after your treatment. Your results will last for several weeks and longer if you follow up your treatment with recommended skin care.
What happens in a treatment?
On the day of treatment, the area to be treated will be washed gently to remove any make up. Then the treatment will start. The HydroPeel tip will feel comfortably abrasive as it works its magic. When the light chemical peel is applied there can be some tingling and prickling sensation. The majority of individuals have uncomplicated treatments. Your skin may be slightly pink and well hydrated with a moist appearance when the treatment is complete. At the end of the treatment, you may apply some Mineral make up or you may wish to leave your skin with it’s new natural shine. It is very important to wear a good quality sunscreen every day (available at cosmetic MD) especially after the treatment. Repeat treatments are needed to maintain results. Results can vary between individuals. Some people exceed our expectations and some people respond below expectations. Although good results are expected, with the focus on improvement and not perfection, every person is unique and it is impossible to guarantee results.
What should I do prior to treatment?
- have had a skin consultation
- ensure that you have reviewed this Information Sheet and that you have had enough opportunity to ask questions and have them answered to your complete satisfaction
- ensure that you have signed the consent form
- avoid sun exposure, tanning bed or tanning products for 3 to 6 weeks prior to treatment or indefinitely
- start prophylactic anti-viral therapy if you have a history of cold sores
- avoid strong topical creams (Retin-A, glycolics, etc.) for 7 days before and after treatment
- notify at consultation or at your treatment if you have an upcoming important event
What can I expect the day of treatment?
- feel a cool and soothing scrub-like sensation during the treatment
- feel some slight tingling sensation during the application of the light chemical peel
- may experience minor swelling of or around your lips or around your eyes
- notice that your skin will appear well hydrated and moist immediately after the treatment
- not apply anything to your skin until this moisture is absorbed
- avoid direct sun immediately after treatment until you can apply sunscreen
- delay reintroducing stronger topical retinoid (Vit A derivatives) creams for at least 48hrs after your treatment